The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time Bachelor and postgraduate degrees in any subject available at the selected Universities in USA, Australia,Europe and University of Cambridge.
The selection criteria are:
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Selected Universities in Australia,Europe And USA
Level/Field of study:
BSc, PhD, MSc or MLitt, or a one year postgraduate course in any subject offered at the Universities
Number of Awards:
About 500 Scholarships are awarded each year.
Non Citizens of the United Kingdom.
A Gates Foundation Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge including tuition fees, maintenance allowance, travel costs, etc. It also provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
The Costs covered are:
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate;
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£17,500 for 12 months at the 2018-19 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months)
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course;
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge.
The Trust also considers applications for several types of additional funding on a discretionary basis:
- Academic development funding – from £500 to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for a first child and up to £4,320 for a second child (2018-19 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive your maintenance allowance during this time
- Some fourth year funding for PhD Scholars may be provided**
You can apply for a Bill Gates Foundation Scholarship if you are:
• a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
• applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Applications will open on 10 JANUARY 2019.
Applicants must submit an application for graduate admission, a College place and funding – including a Gates Cambridge Scholarship – . There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines: 10 February 2019 (US citizens resident in the USA) and 25 February 2019 (all other eligible applicants).
|What stage?||Round 1||Round 2|
|Applications open||10 January 2019||3 march 2019|
|Application deadline||10 February 2018||_|
|Trust shortlisting||Mid-March||Early March|
|Shortlisted candidates invited to interview||Late March||Early April|
|Interviews||25 & 26 March 2019||26 & 27 May 2019|
|Scholarships offered||Early March||Late April|
|Scholarships accepted||72 hours after offer||48 hours after offer|
It is important to visit the official link found below website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Cl1ck B@low to @pply